Looking for easy, kid-friendly recipes? Here are some to involve the whole family! Enjoy!
See this recipe and more in the Weekly Workout Newsletter
Makes: 16 servings
6 tablespoons margarine
3 cups miniature marshmallows
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup nonfat dry milk
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup raisins
4 cups ready-to-eat oat cereal circles
Remember to wash your hands!
- Spray a square pan, 9 inches by 9 inchesby 2 inches, with cooking spray.
- In microwave, melt margarine in a large microwave-safe bowl at high power for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until melted.
- Stir in peanut butter and marshmallows.
- Microwave for 1 to 11/2 minutes on high power, or until mixture is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add dry milk, cinnamon, raisins and cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- With buttered hands, pat mixture into pan.
- Cool thoroughly and cut into squares.
One bar provides 180 Calories, 80 Calories from Fat, 9 g Total Fat, 1.5 g Saturated Fat, 1 g Trans. Fat, 140 mg Sodium, 23 g Total Carbohydrates, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 15 g Sugar, 4 g Protein, 6% Calcium, 15% Iron