Looking for easy, kid-friendly recipes? Here are some to involve the whole family! Enjoy!
Apple Slice Pancakes
See this recipe and more in the Weekly Workout Newsletter
Makes: 12 4-inch pancakes
1 Granny Smith apple
1¼ cups pancake mix
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup low-fat milk
Remember to wash your hands!
- Lightly coat a griddle or skillet withcooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Peel, core, and thinly slice apple into rings.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients for pancake batter. Stir until ingredients are evenly moist. (Small lumps are OK. Over-mixing makes pancakes tough.)
- For each pancake, place apple ring on griddle and pour about 1/4 cup batter over apple ring, starting in the center and covering apple.
- Cook until bubbles appear. Turn and cook
other side until lightly brown.
One pancake provides 80 Calories, 20 Calories from fat, 2 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 55 mg Sodium, 12 g Total Carbohydrates, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 3 g Sugar, 3 g Protein, 8% Calcium, 4% Iron