Looking for easy, kid-friendly recipes? Here are some to involve the whole family! Enjoy!
See this recipe and more in the Weekly Workout Newsletter
Makes 12 servings
1 package yeast (2¼ teaspoons)
½ cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
1 teaspoon honey
1 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
Don't forget to wash your hands!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, add honey and let set for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, measure flour and salt.
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and stir until ingredients are combined. Dough will be crumbly and flaky.
- Knead dough on counter top or dough board until it forms a smooth ball. Add a little flour if dough is sticky.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces about the size of a walnut. Roll each ball into a snake and then make a pretzel, letter or fun shape.
- Place pretzels on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
One pretzel provides 50 Calories, 0 Calories from Fat, 0 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 190 mg Sodium, 11 g Total Carbohydrates, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Protein, 0% Calcium, 4% Iron