Fun with Food!
Makes one potato face
1/2 medium baked potato (either russet potato or sweet potato)
Make a face from these:
Sprouts, broccoli crowns, olives, corn, peans, shredded low fat cheese, cherry tomatoes
Remember to wash your hands!
- Wash the potato and pierce to allow steam to escape.
- Presheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake potato in oven on rack or cookie sheet.
- Bake for 60 minutes. (To test for doneness, squeeze with an oven mitt. Potatoes should give easily.)
- Let cool slightly before adding veggies for face. Enjoy!
Use your imagination! Use a variety of vegetables to make your fun potato face other than the one listed above.
Make it a goal to pick two new healthy habits a week to concentrated on. They could be to cook and eat together as a family, cut back on TV and computer time, or walk an extra mile this week. When you make health a priority, you improve both body and mind. Working toward your goal as a family makes it easier to stay on target.