Shake Your Pudding
A Dessert Just for You!
Makes: 1 serving
½ cup cold low-fat milk
2 tablespoons dry instant chocolate pudding (other flavors work too)
- Measure milk into a glass measuring cup and pour milk into a small plastic container with a tight fitting lid.
- Add instant pudding. Snap on lid and shake for 30 seconds. Pudding will set up after a few minutes. Refrigerate if served later.
Tips for Making Wise Dairy Choices
It can be easy to make smart choices from the dairy group.
- Include milk or calcium-fortified soymilk as a beverage with meals.
- Have fat-free or low-fat yogurt as a snack.
- For dessert, make pudding with fat-free or low-fat milk.
- Add fat-free or low-fat milk instead of water to oatmeal and hot cereals.
- Top casseroles, soups, stews, or vegetables with shredded reduced-fat or low-fat cheese.