Being physically active can
- Improve your health — today, tomorrow, and in the future
- Benefit all types, shapes, sizes, and abilities
- Help your feel better
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommendations
- At least 150 minutes of moderate and/or vigorous intensity activity/week. Moderate activity is where you can barely talk, but not sing and equivalent to about 100 steps per minute.
- Combine moderate and vigorous activity. If you can only say a few words without stopping to catch your breath, you are working at vigorous intensity.
Muscle strengthening activities
- Strive for at least 2 days per week
- Work all major muscle groups to prevent muscle loss, increase strength and increase bone density.