March 26 - May 20, 2023
REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 1st!
Contact your local Extension office for details.
Walk Kansas is a K-State Research and Extension (KSRE) health initiative that promotes personal health and well-being by helping participants adopt healthful lifestyle habits. It is primarily a team-based program that will help you:
- be more active with support from friends and family
- make healthier nutrition and beverage choices
- learn helpful techniques to reduce stress
This marks the 23rd Walk Kansas program!! Each year brings a renewed focus on helping participants meet the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans and increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables they eat.
New in 2023:
- US Route 56 virtual trail! This journey actually begins in New Mexico, but it won’t take long before you reach Kansas to enjoy your trek across the state.
- Med Instead of Meds – 6-week virtual learning series focused on the Mediterranean-style eating pattern. Learn the 7 Simple Steps to eating the Med Way. Each session will explore 1-2 simple steps, a mindfulness skill, and introduce Med Way recipes.
Walk Kansas registration is $10 per person and includes: a weekly newsletter, access to Med Instead of Meds webinars, access to the online system to track physical activity, etc., and local Walk Kansas activities.