Crispy Baked Chicken Strips
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
1½ cups crushed cracker crumbs or plain bread crumbs
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon chili powder or Italian seasoning
Remember to wash your hands!
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips, about 1 inch wide.
- Mix cracker crumbs and seasonings well.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then dredge in crumb mixture.
- Place chicken pieces on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 - 12 minutes, until crispy and lightly browned.
- Dip into your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Note: Compare these chicken strips made at home to those ordered from a fast food restaurant. Fast food chicken strips contain 410 calories, 24 grams of fat, 1470 milligrams of sodium and 33 grams carbohydrate.