March 19 - May 13, 2017Walk Kansas is a team-based program that will help you and others lead a healthier life. Join this program and
- be more active with friends and family,
- make better nutrition choices,
- and walk away your stress.
Healthy Trails Adventure!
Hiking, biking, kayaking and horseback riding. These are healthy, fresh-air activities people can enjoy on the beautiful trails at Kansas State Parks.
We at Walk Kansas want to let you know that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas is teaming up with the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism to promote healthy outdoor exercise! On Saturday, October 1, 2016, BCBSKS will sponsor FREE admission to all Kansas State Parks. I'd like to personally invite you and your family to attend.
Here's everything you need to know to plan for a fun-filled family day on the trails!
- Pick your park
- Plan your day. Will you bike the trails or maybe go for a family hike? There are lots of activities for your family to enjoy!
- Download the 2016 Adventure Guide to get your kids excited!
- Document the fun! When you share photos to your social networks, tag #HealthyAdventure so BCBSKS can include your photo in their Healthy Adventures photo gallery.
The inaugural Walk Kansas 5K for the Fight was a big success! We raised $1,025 for cancer research and the Johnson Cancer Research Center at K-State! Thanks to all who came and participated as volunteers, runners, and walkers. We also thank our sponsors Kansas Wheat, Kansas Beef Council, HyVee, and Sunny 102.5. Save the date for next year on May 6, 2017!